Friday, May 14, 2010

GU-ey Gross


So after much thought I decided to pick up some GU gels to try. I figured it would be smart to try during a shorter run where I knew of possible bathrooms should my stomach not agree with the gels. It would be better than being on the running trail during a actual long run and have no clue where to stop.

I grabbed an orange flavour and strawberry-banana flavour. Don't think I'll be trying the strawberry-banana one. Orange was gross. and it wasn't the flavour really that grossed me out. The gel texure made me gag so much I wasn't sure I was going to keep the gel down. I got about 3/4 of the packet down and thought good enough. Took a run just over 6k run and at least there was no stomach issues. The run didn't feel any different than normal, so we'll see.

I guess next to try would be the chomps or the jelly bean cause yeah gels are nasty. I'm seriously still gagging just thinking of it.

Any one want a strawberry-banana flavour one?

0 comments:

Post a Comment