Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cool and Friendly

This morning was 10k. Well I did just under that. I went out with friends running today and man did I miss running with others. 5am just doesn't work well with running with friends, since most of my running friends don't live in my neighbourhood. Anyways so Steve came and picked me up and off we went to the Brick Works to go run the path/trail behind it and also did some of the discovery walk paths around Mt Pleasant Cemetery. There was some major hills in the first half but the second half more than made up for it. The paths were nicely shaded and it was great, never really too hot, so it made having conversations super easy. Between that and the great company, there was hardly anything negative going on in my head. Think Steve is going to sign up for the Scotia half too so I'll definitely have someone to run then with if he does.

So this week in my training I start hills. I'm seriously going to need to take a picture of the hills nearby my house. Its the same ones that the local Running Room use for their clinics. I'm going to start out with doing 3 hills and we'll see how I feel after. I'm already planning on bringing some change and grabbing a Timmy's after for a reward.

1 comments: