Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hot like an oven

It is way too hot out there for 5am. It literally felt like I was swimming in the air as I was running. I was completely doubting that I would be able to do a tempo run and had prepared myself for the idea that it might just be a regular run just so I wouldn't die in the heat.
I managed to keep it going though. My 3k intervals were

1km-5:54
2km-5:42
3km-5:22

thought I was actually 10 meters short of a km on that last one since I had to stop at the grocery store to get stuff so I could finish making cake for my Mother-in-law's birthday this weekend. I'm making cake for about 70 people. Eek.

I know its the weather mostly talking but I'm starting to have some doubts about doing the half come September. Its going to be my first so I figured these doubts would come by. I still plan on doing it and I was trying to NOT have any real time goals for this one. Its hard since most training plans have it based off a finish time and I'm using a plan for a 2 hour half but my real goal is to finish it and I know I can. Its just going to be really hard. If it means doing it at my long slow run pace then thats what I'll do. If I have to do 10 and 1s then I'll do that. But its so hard to keep at it and not just try to sell or give my place away and stick with 5 and 10 ks. I feel like I'm going to be fighting some major mental fights over the next 11 weeks.

1 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry to see you have the running blues!!! I honestly believe it is just the weather, it is so hot and it messes with you physically and emotionally. Remember, your half marathon will be in the fall, so it will be MUCH cooler! Just make sure you have a realistic goal, and remember, no matter what, whether you run the half in 2:00 or 2:30 of 4:00, it will be a personal best, and a base to improve from in the future.

    Stick with it, for your followers, for your proud little ones and husband, and for yourself. It will be such an accomplishment once it's done. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete