Monday, November 8, 2010

A great run

If you look over ----> at the daily mile widget thingy, you'll see that my last run was less than 5k at a s.l.o.w pace. It was also I think one of my favorite runs in a while.
Last night just as I was started to marinate the fish for dinner I realized I still wanted to get a run in and that I should at least get 5k in since that would take me about the 30 minutes the fish needed before it was time to cook it.

It was also back to standard time and it was starting to get dark out so I started getting ready to head out quickly. Bug then asked if he could come too on his bike. I said sure and got him dressed up and off we went. I didn't get any pictures (sadly) but it was a great run. We had to be careful since some sidewalks were busy and we were talking away about Christmas, how far away Bug's birthday was, if I found races for him next year, you know important stuff. We got a bunch of smiles from some people when they realized he was biking and I was running. One guy said he thought it was a great idea.

Though I definitely recommend having "races" with your kid on his bike when you need to get some speed work in there. We had 2. "Mom, lets go as fast as we can and see who wins"

Best part? afterwards while eating dinner. "Dad, me and mommy went really fast and went really far too. like 18. It was super fun. We're going to do it again another day too."

3 comments:

  1. Love it! It's so great to see how you can influence your children just by living well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww....that is so cute!!! And great bonding time for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete