Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back to the Pavement

Trying this again.

This morning I got outside for a run. It was cold. I was debating hitting the treadmill at the gym, instead of facing the wind, but figured I could handle it for 30 mins. (It was actually 32mins but whatever)

So I did 5k(3.1 miles). It was hard. I'm not going to lie. It was tough and I wanted to stop a couple times. I wanted to turn around a couple times. But I had been getting worried about my running with the H U G E break I took off and wanted to make sure I was ok.

Plus I really really needed the stress relief that comes with running. I've been finding myself getting snippy with the boys. Thats not a good thing with this weather we've been having. We're even supposed to get hit with a storm tomorrow (EEK!)

So I was definitely tired after running and was thinking along the lines of "crap, its going to take forever to get back to where I was". But of course that post run high came and made that all better. It turned my thoughts more towards "But I got out there, I couldv'e said no and stayed home but I got out there."

0 comments:

Post a Comment