Monday, August 1, 2011

Runniversary!

Today marks my 2nd anniversary of running.

Two years ago today I walked into the Running Room's Learn to Run clinic. There was a group of us that had no clue what we were getting into. Most of us had no idea about the Wednesday and Sunday runs. We barely understood the difference in shoes and the importance of wearing the right shoes. I remember the WTF was I thinking after doing the first couple sets of 2 minutes walking-1 minute walking. I couldn't even imagine getting to 10 minutes of running with 1 minute of walking we supposed to do at the end of the 10 week clinic.

Yesterday I was running.
I was running with the Marathon clinic.
We were running 24k. and we're about half way through our clinic on the way to my first marathon. I've learnt a lot from other runners, blogs, websites. I've grown from someone who would have called you crazy to do anything phyiscal to training hard for races. I've even kind of considered all this training and being on my feet for hours fun.

Today I'm proving to myself that I can do anything once I set my mind to it.

And so is Bug. Yesterday he said he wanted to go running with me. I asked him to wait till today so we went and did 2k around the neighbourhood. Before today he'd only ran up to 1k. There was a couple walk breaks in there but it was great sharing my love of running with one of my children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment